Chicken, vegetable and chickpea curry
- oil spray
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori paste
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX (optional)
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add lemongrass paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Add chicken and stir-fry until golden. Add Tandoori paste and cook for 1 more minute.
3 Add spring onions, capsicum, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes. Add chickpeas and coconut milk and heat through. Stir through spinach until wilted. Serve with rice and garnish
with coriander (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Check Tandoori paste is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us