Stuffed Roma chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch fresh basil (about 16 leaves), plus extra, to garnish
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese*
- 4 slices prosciutto*
- 2 heads garlic
- olive oil spray
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs*
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to flatten until double in size.
2 Lay some basil, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella in the centre of each chicken breast. Roll up to enclose filling and secure with a toothpick.
3 Wrap 1 slice prosciutto around each breast. Place chicken and garlic in an ovenproof dish. Spray with oil and bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4 Five minutes before chicken is ready, place tomatoes and beans in a pan over a medium heat and cook until heated through.
5 Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve immediately with tomato and bean mixture and roasted garlic which can be easily squeezed out of its skin. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Steamed fresh vegetables
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)