Tandoori chicken burgers
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, plus ½ cup extra
- 8 (500g) chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 4 medium wholegrain rolls, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup vinaigrette, made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve (optional)
1 Combine tandoori paste and 1/4 cup of yoghurt in a medium non-metallic bowl. Add chicken tenderloins and toss to coat.
2 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5-10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
3 Combine remaining 1/2 cup of yoghurt and chopped mint in a small bowl and spread over the base of each roll. Top with baby spinach, cucumber, carrot and tandoori chicken, and the tops of the rolls. Serve burgers with salad leaves and coriander, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free rolls and check tandoori paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.