Tasty chicken noodle soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 litre good quality fresh chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g beans, frozen
- 200g spinach, frozen or fresh
- 375g pack wheat or rice noodles
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh chilli, halved (optional)
- soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil to garnish
- fried shallots to garnish
1 Put the stock, water, ginger, garlic and chilli into a large pot and bring gently to the boil. Once boiling, add the sliced chicken and bring back to a simmer. After about 5 minutes, once the chicken appears cooked, add the noodles. After another 3-4 minutes, add the beans and spinach. These will be cooked in about 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
2 Fish out the garlic, chilli and ginger and discard. Divide the noodles, chicken and vegetables between 4 bowls, then pour the soup into the bowls.
3 Serve with bowls of soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil and any other favourite sauces.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.8g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 3.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.