Moroccan quinoa and vegetable soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 large head (or 2 small) broccoli, cut in florets
- 390g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and carrots. Cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir in seasoning. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock, water, and quinoa. Bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
2 Add courgettes, broccoli and chickpeas. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning, stock and yoghurt are gluten free.
Quinoa is a gluten-free, low-GI grain that is high in protein and fibre. Use as a substitute for couscous in other meals. Available from the health food section of supermarkets and health food stores.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.