Tasty vege hotpot
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup instant polenta
- Tuscan seasoning*
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs*
- 1/2 cup Chargrilled vegetables
- 1 tablespoon roughly torn fresh basil
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Heat water in a pan to boiling point. Gradually stir in polenta with a sprinkling of seasoning. Cook until slightly thickened. Cool for 5 minutes.
2 Spoon polenta onto a lightly greased baking tray. Form into a round. Leave to set. Cut in triangles and grill for 5 minutes or until firm.
3 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook onion until softened. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and chargrilled vegetables. Heat through.
4 Sprinkle hotpot mix with basil. Serve with polenta triangles on the side.
This quick and hearty, little-effort hotpot is a great dinner choice when you want minimal hands-on cooking time.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us