Tasty vege hotpotReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup instant polenta
- Tuscan seasoning*
- olive spray oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs*
- ½ cup Chargrilled vegetables
- 1 tablespoon roughly torn fresh basil
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat water in a pan to boiling point. Gradually stir in polenta with a sprinkling of seasoning. Cook until slightly thickened. Cool for 5 minutes.
2 Spoon polenta onto a lightly greased baking tray. Form into a round. Leave to set. Cut in triangles and grill for 5 minutes or until firm.
3 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook onion until softened. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and chargrilled vegetables. Heat through.
4 Sprinkle hotpot mix with basil. Serve with polenta triangles on the side.
This quick and hearty, little-effort hotpot is a great dinner choice when you want minimal hands-on cooking time.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information