Spiced cauliflower, tofu, Chinese broccoli and cashew stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 250g firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths, thick stems halved (see tips)
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, to serve
1 In a large wok, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high. Stir-fry half of the tofu for 2 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another teaspoon of the oil and remaining tofu.
2 Heat remaining oil in the same wok over high. Stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add cauliflower and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add capsicum and Chinese broccoli, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just tender.
3 Return tofu to wok with roasted cashews, lime juice and coriander. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with cooked quinoa and garnish with extra coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and spices are gluten free.
Find Chinese broccoli at Asian supermarkets or just use regular broccoli or broccolini.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us