Tomato and olive chicken with almond couscous
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 150g boneless skinless chicken breast or 2 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon flour seasoned with black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup instant couscous
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 4 tablespoons white wine or water
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Split chicken breast or thighs in half and open up. Flatten with a rolling pin and lightly coat with flour.
2 Heat a frying pan with oil spray and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Place couscous in a bowl and add 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover to allow water to be absorbed.
3 Spray pan with oil again and add tomatoes with capers, olives and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tomatoes break up. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Return chicken to pan and cook for a few more minutes, coating chicken with sauce.
4 Fluff up couscous with a fork and stir through apricots and almonds. Garnish with parsley (if using) and season to taste. Serve with chicken.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of couscous (to cook, follow packet directions).
This recipe freezes well.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us