(at time of publication)
- 1 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jamjellyX or fruit spread (see variations)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, thinly sliced
- dried culinary rose petals (optional, see tips)
- Line a 30cm x 20cm tray with baking paper. In a bowl, combine yoghurt, vanilla and chia seeds and mix well. Stir in desiccated coconut. Spread yoghurt mixture evenly over prepared tray.
- In a small bowl, microwave jam or fruit spread on high for 20 seconds, or until just runny. Pour jam into a plastic piping bag (or zip-lock bag), snip the corner or tip off the bag and pipe jam in swirls or rows over yoghurt.
- Use a skewer or knife blade and lightly drag it through the yoghurt and jam to create a swirl effect. Tap the tray gently on the benchtop a couple of times to flatten the yoghurt mixture. Scatter with pistachios, cranberries and petals, if using. Freeze overnight.
- Break or cut the yoghurt bark into pieces and serve immediately.
Use fruit purée in place of jam if you prefer.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan yoghurt and check jam (or purée, if using) has no gelatin.
Dried culinary rose petals are available from specialty grocers
Place yoghurt bark on a cold or frozen serving platter set over a bowl of ice to stop it melting.
Are you feeding a crowd? Simply double the recipe.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.