- 1 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jamjellyX or fruit spread (see variations)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, thinly sliced
- dried culinary rose petals (optional, see tips)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Line a 30cm x 20cm tray with baking paper. In a bowl, combine yoghurt, vanilla and chia seeds and mix well. Stir in desiccated coconut. Spread yoghurt mixture evenly over prepared tray.
- In a small bowl, microwave jam or fruit spread on high for 20 seconds, or until just runny. Pour jam into a plastic piping bag (or zip-lock bag), snip the corner or tip off the bag and pipe jam in swirls or rows over yoghurt.
- Use a skewer or knife blade and lightly drag it through the yoghurt and jam to create a swirl effect. Tap the tray gently on the benchtop a couple of times to flatten the yoghurt mixture. Scatter with pistachios, cranberries and petals, if using. Freeze overnight.
- Break or cut the yoghurt bark into pieces and serve immediately.
Use fruit purée in place of jam if you prefer.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan yoghurt and check jam (or purée, if using) has no gelatin.
Dried culinary rose petals are available from specialty grocers
Place yoghurt bark on a cold or frozen serving platter set over a bowl of ice to stop it melting.
Are you feeding a crowd? Simply double the recipe.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.