(at time of publication)
- 1 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jamjellyX or fruit spread (see variations)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, thinly sliced
- dried culinary rose petals (optional, see tips)
- Line a 30cm x 20cm tray with baking paper. In a bowl, combine yoghurt, vanilla and chia seeds and mix well. Stir in desiccated coconut. Spread yoghurt mixture evenly over prepared tray.
- In a small bowl, microwave jam or fruit spread on high for 20 seconds, or until just runny. Pour jam into a plastic piping bag (or zip-lock bag), snip the corner or tip off the bag and pipe jam in swirls or rows over yoghurt.
- Use a skewer or knife blade and lightly drag it through the yoghurt and jam to create a swirl effect. Tap the tray gently on the benchtop a couple of times to flatten the yoghurt mixture. Scatter with pistachios, cranberries and petals, if using. Freeze overnight.
- Break or cut the yoghurt bark into pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
Use fruit purée in place of jam if you prefer.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan yoghurt and check jam (or purée, if using) has no gelatin.
Dried culinary rose petals are available from specialty grocers
Place yoghurt bark on a cold or frozen serving platter set over a bowl of ice to stop it melting.
Are you feeding a crowd? Simply double the recipe.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us