Annie’s rice waffles
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup fine white rice flour
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk (or regular milk or half milk, half water)
- small pinch salt
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly with a metal spoon.
2 Heat waffle-maker to full. Once heated fully (green light turns on with most waffle-makers), turn back a few notches. Set an oven-timer for 6-7 minutes.
3 Pour batter into waffle-maker to just under the top lip. Check waffle colour and crispness after about 5 minutes. After 6-7 minutes or when mixture is cooked through, remove gently with a small sharp knife or spatula.
- Frozen berries and reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- Mashed banana, tahini and honey.
- Avocado dip: mashed avocado, salt (to taste), soy milk or yoghurt, garlic, squeeze of lemon juice or 1 teaspoon tahini.
- Pizza ingredients.
- Add blended cooked pumpkin or kumara for a sweeter, crispy waffle.
- Add blended or finely mashed banana for a sweet waffle.
- Add mashed tofu for a nice, puffy waffle.
- Use cornmeal instead of rice flour for a lighter waffle with tasty flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy milk is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us