Apple fruit doughnuts
- 3 large apples, red and green
- 3 tablespoons smooth no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- To decorate
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries and pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips and granola
1 Use a sharp knife to slice the top and bottom off each apple. Cut remaining apple horizontally into 1cm-thick discs. Each apple should give you 3–4 slices. Using a corer or knife, make a hole in the centre of each slice.
2 Spread each apple ring with equal amounts of peanut butter.
3 Sprinkle with the toppings and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free granola and check chocolate chips are gluten free.
Feel free to use any combination of toppings – Try dried fruit, fresh berries, mixed chopped seeds and nuts, or even your favourite breakfast cereal.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information