Asian salmon and super greens oven-steamed bake
- 2 cups small Brussels sprouts, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved lengthways or 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 spring onions, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 4 x 100g boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 180g dried soba noodles
- ¹/³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- lime wedges, to serve
- sriracha or chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Into a large, deep roasting dish, layer Brussels sprouts, bok choy, broccolini and spring onions. Drizzle vegetables with stock. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
2 In a screw-top jar, shake soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and sugar until well combined. Set aside.
3 Carefully uncover veges and place salmon on top. Drizzle salmon with soy dressing. Cover tightly with foil and cook for 15 minutes, or until salmon is just cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, cook soba noodles following packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
5 Scatter bake with coriander and serve with noodles, lime wedges and a drizzle of sriracha, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check stock, soy sauce and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.