- 1 ripe watermelon (6 cups flesh)
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cut watermelon, scrape off seeds and scoop out watermelon flesh into a large bowl.
2 Slice cucumber. Add it to bowl with pineapple and almonds. Pour in lemon juice.
3 Blend with an electric blender until smooth, decorate with mint and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or lime zest will add a zingy citrus flavour to the soup.
- Most watermelon is pink inside. You can, however, also get the yellow-flesh variety (not to be confused with rock melon or cantaloupe). This recipe works with either pink or yellow watermelon.
Did you know? Although sweet and fruit-like, watermelon is a member of the same family as cucumber, pumpkin and squash.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.