(at time of publication)
- 1 ripe watermelon (6 cups flesh)
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 Cut watermelon, scrape off seeds and scoop out watermelon flesh into a large bowl.
2 Slice cucumber. Add it to bowl with pineapple and almonds. Pour in lemon juice.
3 Blend with an electric blender until smooth, decorate with mint and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or lime zest will add a zingy citrus flavour to the soup.
- Most watermelon is pink inside. You can, however, also get the yellow-flesh variety (not to be confused with rock melon or cantaloupe). This recipe works with either pink or yellow watermelon.
Did you know? Although sweet and fruit-like, watermelon is a member of the same family as cucumber, pumpkin and squash.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.