Asparagus and salmon strata
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths (6 serves)
- 2 medium green or yellow courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced (2 serves)
- oil spray
- 350g loaf crusty wholemeal bread, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 2 x 210g cans skinless and boneless salmon, drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 600ml trim milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 12 cups salad or steamed vegetables, to serve
1 Steam or microwave asparagus and courgettes until just tender, about 2 minutes.
2 Spray a 20cm x 30cm (10 cup-capacity) baking dish with oil. Add half the bread cubes and top with parmesan. Top with half the salmon, asparagus, courgette and chives. Top with remaining bread, salmon, asparagus and courgette.
3 Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and zest to combine. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4 Preheat oven to 160°C. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden and set. Garnish with extra chives. Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Leaving the bread mixture to soak for 1 hour will result in a fluffier, lighter strata.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us