Mediterranean chicken with polentaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ⅔ cups trim milk
- ⅔ cup polenta
- 500g carrots, peeled, cut in matchsticks, steamed or microwaved
- 300g sugar snap peas, steamed or microwaved
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Sear chicken on both sides (1-2 minutes) over a medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add sauce to pan and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add olives and parsley. Keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, bring milk to the boil in a saucepan. Add polenta in a slow stream. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Serve with chicken, sauce and vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information