Mediterranean chicken with polenta
- spray oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ⅔ cups skim milk
- ⅔ cup polenta
- 500g carrots, peeled, cut in matchsticks, steamed or microwaved
- 300g sugar snap peas, steamed or microwaved
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Sear chicken on both sides (1-2 minutes) over a medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add sauce to pan and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add olives and parsley. Keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, bring milk to the boil in a saucepan. Add polenta in a slow stream. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Serve with chicken, sauce and vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like