Bacon and egg hangover salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed or grated
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 20ml water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice grainy bread, toasted, cut in 2cm cubes
- ¼ onion, peeled, sliced, fried
- 4 large leaves romaine, cos or iceberg lettuce, washed or torn
- 1 rasher lean bacon, cooked
- 1 egg, fried, sunny-side up
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- ground black pepper
1 In a small jar add hot sauce, tomato, vinegar, garlic, mustard, water and olive oil. Shake vigorously.
2 Build salad by combining toast, onion, lettuce, bacon and egg.
3 Scatter with the dressing, parmesan, parsley and pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check hot sauce, cider vinegar, mustard and bacon are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us