Pumpkin, chorizo and black-eye bean frittata
- 2 cups leftover roast pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess moisture
- 400g can black-eye beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped coriandercilantroX
- 10 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat cooking cream
- 1 cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 26cm x 16cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper at the long sides for handles. Combine the pumpkin, spinach and the beans in prepared pan. Sprinkle the vegetables with cumin and coriander.
2 Whisk eggs, egg whites, cream and half of the cheese in a large jug. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in pan. Top with chorizo, the remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds. Season with cracked black pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set at the centre. Cool slightly.
3 Slice the frittata into squares and serve with salad leaves. Refrigerate leftover frittata to enjoy for lunch the next day.
Make it vegetarian by omitting the chorizo
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.6g
–Saturated fat 6.7g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information