Pumpkin, chorizo and black-eye bean frittata
- 2 cups leftover roast pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess moisture
- 400g can black-eye beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped coriandercilantroX
- 10 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat cooking cream
- 1 cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 26cm x 16cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper at the long sides for handles. Combine the pumpkin, spinach and the beans in prepared pan. Sprinkle the vegetables with cumin and coriander.
2 Whisk eggs, egg whites, cream and half of the cheese in a large jug. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in pan. Top with chorizo, the remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds. Season with cracked black pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set at the centre. Cool slightly.
3 Slice the frittata into squares and serve with salad leaves. Refrigerate leftover frittata to enjoy for lunch the next day.
Make it vegetarian by omitting the chorizo
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.6g
–Saturated fat 6.7g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.