(at time of publication)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 400g can four-bean mix in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon harissa mix (we used Alexandra’s)
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 8 eggs
- fresh coriandercilantroX sprigs, to garnish
- 4 large slices wholegrain sourdough, toasted, to serve
1 Spray a large, shallow frying pan (with a lid) with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicums to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add beans and harissa mix to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
2 Add tomatoes to frying pan with 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until mixture is thick. Use the back of a spoon to make 8 small wells in tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each well, cover pan with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs have set to your liking.
3 Divide spiced eggs and tomato mixture among serving bowls. Garnish with coriander and serve each dish with 1 slice sourdough toast.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us