(at time of publication)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 400g can four-bean mix in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon harissa mix (we used Alexandra’s)
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 8 eggs
- fresh coriandercilantroX sprigs, to garnish
- 4 large slices wholegrain sourdough, toasted, to serve
1 Spray a large, shallow frying pan (with a lid) with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicums to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add beans and harissa mix to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
2 Add tomatoes to frying pan with 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until mixture is thick. Use the back of a spoon to make 8 small wells in tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each well, cover pan with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs have set to your liking.
3 Divide spiced eggs and tomato mixture among serving bowls. Garnish with coriander and serve each dish with 1 slice sourdough toast.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information