Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- cracked black pepper
- 1 small avocado
- 4 slices seeded sourdough or wholegrain bread
- ½ cup refried beans
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, herbs, capsicum, cucumber, onion, if using, and lemon zest. Season with pepper, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix well to coat.
2 Divide mixture between 2 plastic containers. Seal with an airtight lid and refrigerate overnight.
3 When ready to eat at work, dice avocado and add to mix. Toast bread in toaster or under a preheated grill. Spread toast with refried beans. Top with bruschetta mix and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check refried beans are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us