Brown sugar banana galette
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon icingfrostingX sugar
- 4 small scoops reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut 4 x 11cm circles from the pastry sheet. Place on prepared tray and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Place banana slices on pastry circles leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
2 Combine orange zest and brown sugar. Sprinkle over banana. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until pastry is risen and golden and brown sugar melted. Sift over icing sugar and serve with ice cream.
Remember, a dish like this is an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal.