Capsicum omelette with beetroot and tomato salsa
- 1 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus oil spray
- 2 spring onions, or 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh leaves)
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 2 (80g) cooked beetrootbeetsX
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- To serve
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 Cook potato in microwave for 3 minutes on high. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté potato, spring onion, capsicum and oregano for 6—7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the veges begin to stick.
2 Beat eggs together; season. Add to pan, then add veges (cook as two separate omelettes, using a small pan, or make one large omelette in a larger pan).
3 Flatten out mix, using a spatula. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes until omelette is set.
4 Mix salsa ingredients together. Season to taste.
5 Turn the omelette(s) onto a plate. Top with spinach leaves and parmesan and serve with salsa.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us