Capsicum omelette with beetroot and tomato salsa
- 1 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus spray oil
- 2 spring onions, or 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh leaves)
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 2 (80g) cooked beetrootbeetsX
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- To serve
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 Cook potato in microwave for 3 minutes on high. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté potato, spring onion, capsicum and oregano for 6—7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the veges begin to stick.
2 Beat eggs together; season. Add to pan, then add veges (cook as two separate omelettes, using a small pan, or make one large omelette in a larger pan).
3 Flatten out mix, using a spatula. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes until omelette is set.
4 Mix salsa ingredients together. Season to taste.
5 Turn the omelette(s) onto a plate. Top with spinach leaves and parmesan and serve with salsa.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like