Carlee’s chickpea stewReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 300g no-added-salt tomato purée
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups reduced-salt liquid vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 In a non-stick pan, soften onions and garlic in oil. Stir in cumin and cook for 1 more minute. Place in the slow cooker with all the remaining ingredients except salt, pepper and parsley. Stir well.
2 Cook on low for 3 hours. Season and garnish with parsley before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information