Thai-flavoured potato bake
- oil spray
- 1.25kg potatoes such as agria, scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, cut thinly
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, for garnish (if preferred)
- 1 ½ cups coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- ½ cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
1 Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Place potatoes in a pot of cold lightly, salted water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender. Drain. Set aside.
2 Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Cook until softened. Add paste and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3 Arrange one-third of potato slices in prepared dish with one-third of onion, lime leaves and coriander. Repeat the layers with remaining potato, onion and lime leaves.
4 Place coconut-flavoured milk and stock in a pan and heat through. Pour over potatoes and leave for at least 30 minutes before baking.
5 Spray potato bake with oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with extra coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
Serve potato bake with white fish and steamed Asian greens.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and stock are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us