Chicken and mint salad with lime and strawberry dressing
(at time of publication)
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed or blanched
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 300g baby carrots, blanched
- 300g strawberries, sliced
- sprinkling white pepper
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 slices sourdough bread, to serve
1 Heat oven to 190°C. Toss chicken in oil, lemon juice, garlic and first measure of mint. Cook for 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Slice when cool.
2 Place radishes, asparagus, cucumber and carrots in a bowl with 3/4 of the strawberries. Toss well.
3 Place remaining strawberries in a blender and process until pulpy. Mix strawberry pulp with 2-3 tablespoons water, pepper, lime juice, oil, vinegar, sugar and remaining mint. Add to salad and toss well.
4 Top salad with sliced chicken and serve with bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
- The white pepper brings out the flavour of the strawberries.
- If not plating up the salad immediately, serve strawberry dressing on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.