- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- ½ cup liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- salt and pepper
1 Place the pressure cooker pan without the lid over a medium-to-high heat. Add the oil and brown the chicken. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2 Add a little more oil if required and sauté the onion, garlic and capsicum until the onion begins to soften. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute before returning the chicken to the pan and adding the remaining ingredients.
3 Position the lid on top and lock it into place. Set to high pressure (2). Bring up to pressure and maintain this pressure for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to reduce naturally.
Recipe from The New Zealand Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Lisa Loveday (Renaissance Publishing).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 2g
Serve with pasta and grated parmesan cheese.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us