- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto*
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan and fry onion with garlic until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
2 Add chicken to pan, half at a time, and brown quickly over a high heat. Return all chicken to pan.
3 Add wine, tomatoes, sugar, pesto and rosemary.
4 Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley. Serve 1 1/2 thighs per serve.
Rice and a selection of mixed vegetables such as snow peas and cherry tomatoes
A large non-stick pan or pot with a tight-fitting lid is a good investment for this kind of cooking. If your pan is not non-stick, use a little spray oil to prevent food sticking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.