Chicken miso noodles in a jar
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed or grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped spring onion
- 1 carrot, julienned or finely sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 mushrooms, finely sliced
- precooked Japanese noodles (cook yourself or buy the vacuum-packed shelf-fresh ones)
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- sesame seeds and chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
1 Layer all ingredients except garnish in a jar in the order listed. Seal the jar.
2 When ready to eat, pour over 1-2 cups boiling water and mix ingredients together. Close the jar for 2 minutes to steam. Tip into a bowl, add garnishes (if using) and enjoy!
- Use different vegetables, including frozen corn and peas.
- Try Thai curry paste as a flavour base.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.