Chicken and vegetable risoni
- 2 cups risoni pasta or other small pasta shapes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- olive spray oil
- 400g lean chicken, cut in strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas or peas and sweet corn sweetcornXmix
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
1 Cook pasta until tender. Drain. Toss in pesto then set aside.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little oil spray. Toss chicken in seasoning then cook until lightly golden. Add to pasta.
3 Wipe out pan and heat with a little more oil spray and add vegetables, except the rocket. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly cooked.
4 Return chicken to pan with pasta. Add rocket. Heat through. Season with pepper. Garnish with extra rocket or basil if preferred.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, pesto and seasoning.
- For something different, swap Tuscan seasoning for dried mixed herbs.
To vary the texture in this dish, blend half the vegetables in a processor.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like