Chicken and vegetable risoniReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups risoni pasta or other small pasta shapes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- olive oil spray
- 400g lean chicken, cut in strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas or peas and sweet corn sweetcornXmix
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
1 Cook pasta until tender. Drain. Toss in pesto then set aside.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little oil spray. Toss chicken in seasoning then cook until lightly golden. Add to pasta.
3 Wipe out pan and heat with a little more oil spray and add vegetables, except the rocket. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly cooked.
4 Return chicken to pan with pasta. Add rocket. Heat through. Season with pepper. Garnish with extra rocket or basil if preferred.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, pesto and seasoning.
- For something different, swap Tuscan seasoning for dried mixed herbs.
To vary the texture in this dish, blend half the vegetables in a processor.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information