Herby chicken rissoles
(at time of publication)
- 100g chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated courgette
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled, chopped, steamed, mashed with
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups salad greens plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette ( made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Combine chicken mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, courgette, carrot, chives and egg in a medium-sized bowl. Season with pepper. Shape into 4 small rissoles or 2 larger rissoles.
2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add rissoles and cook each side for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Serve rissoles with tomato salsa, mash and salad with dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check salsa is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information