Herby chicken rissoles
- 100g chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated courgettezucchiniX
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled, chopped, steamed, mashed with
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups salad greens plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette ( made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Combine chicken mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, courgette, carrot, chives and egg in a medium-sized bowl. Season with pepper. Shape into 4 small rissoles or 2 larger rissoles.
2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add rissoles and cook each side for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Serve rissoles with tomato salsa, mash and salad with dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check salsa is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like