Chicken skewers with stir-fried greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked (see tip)
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable brown rice, heated as directed, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cumin, coriander, garlic, peanut oil and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then cover and chill for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers. Lightly spray a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, combine broccoli, capsicum, snow peas and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add sweet chilli sauce and stir to combine.
- Divide vegetables among 4 plates and top with chicken skewers. Serve with rice and drizzle with a little extra sweet chilli sauce, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us