Chicken skewers with stir-fried greens
(at time of publication)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked (see tip)
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable brown rice, heated as directed, to serve
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cumin, coriander, garlic, peanut oil and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then cover and chill for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers. Lightly spray a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, combine broccoli, capsicum, snow peas and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add sweet chilli sauce and stir to combine.
- Divide vegetables among 4 plates and top with chicken skewers. Serve with rice and drizzle with a little extra sweet chilli sauce, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us