Chicken stuffed with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes
- toothpicks or wooden cocktail sticks
- 2 chicken breasts (about 150g each), skinless
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- oil spray
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves, washed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, washed, halved
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Slit each chicken breast horizontally to make a pocket.
2 Stuff pockets with tomato slices, basil and mozzarella. Secure pockets with small wooden cocktail sticks.
3 Heat a little oil spray in a non-stick frying pan. Place each breast in pan to brown for 2 minutes on each side. Remove breasts and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
4 Assemble rocket, cherry tomatoes and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Try reduced-fat cream cheese instead of mozzarella for a creamier taste.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free dressing.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us