(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower or canola oil
- 50g lean bacon, fat removed and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and chopped into small dice
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 500g seafood marinara mix (in frozen food section of supermarket)
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
1 Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add bacon, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add potato, stock, 1 cup water and marinara mix. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
2 Whisk evaporated milk and flour together and stir into seafood mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us