(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower or canola oil
- 50g lean bacon, fat removed and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and chopped into small dice
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 500g seafood marinara mix (in frozen food section of supermarket)
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
1 Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add bacon, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add potato, stock, 1 cup water and marinara mix. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
2 Whisk evaporated milk and flour together and stir into seafood mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.