Pesto, mushroom and chicken pizzas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 large wholemeal pita pockets
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken breast
- 180g store-bought, oil-free roasted red capsicum
- sliced 50g feta, crumbled
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line three baking trays with baking paper. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Place mushrooms on one of the prepared trays and brush with oil mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
2 Place pita breads on the two remaining trays. Spread 3 teaspoons pesto over each pita bread. Top with cooked mushrooms, courgette, chicken, capsicum and feta.
3 Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pizzas are golden and crisp, swapping trays halfway through cooking time. Top with rocket. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita bread and check pesto is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us