Chickpea burgersReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons chopped peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- 1 small egg
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salad and extras
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 5 white bread rolls
1 Place all burger ingredients in a food processor and process until they form a chunky texture. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Divide mixture in 5 even-sized balls. Wet hands and form in patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
3 Mix all salad ingredients together with an oil-free dressing. Spray a hot BBQ hotplate with oil and cook patties for 2-3 minutes, turning once until golden. Serve on lightly toasted rolls with the salad.
Make it gluten free: Check ground cumin is gluten free and use gluten-free breadcrumbs and bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information