Chickpea, nut and cranberry salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds (see tip)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 2 fresh dates, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (30g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 flatbreads, warmed, halved, to serve
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Seal and shake well to combine.
2 Place spinach, carrot, courgette and chopped mint in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Add chickpeas to bowl; scatter dates, cranberries, hazelnuts and almonds over salad.
3 Serve with warmed flatbreads.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flatbreads.
Lightly toast the cumin seeds in a small, dry frying pan over a medium heat until fragrant and crisp.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us