Barbecued lamb, kumara and caramelised red onion salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g lamb steaksground black pepper
- 500g unpeeled kumarasweet-potatoX,cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 4 cups baby or chopped spinach
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 100g feta cheese
- Easy mint yoghurt dressing
- small handful fresh mint
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
1 Season the lamb with pepper and set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 Add kumara, oil and rosemary to a roasting dish, toss well and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft and golden. Meanwhile place the capsicum and spinach in a large mixing bowl and mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3 Heat a large griddle pan on high (or you can use the barbecue). Cook the lamb for about 4-5 minutes on each side until medium-rare and set aside to rest. Using the same pan, add the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft. Add the honey and caramelise for another minute. Remove from heat.
4 Add the roasted kumara and red onion to the salad bowl, crumble in the feta and toss well. Serve the lamb on top of the salad with a good dollop of mint yoghurt dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.