Chickpea, pumpkin and cashew korma curry
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup korma paste
- ½ x 400ml can light coconut milk
- 4 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen beans, thawed
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 450g pack cauliflower pearls
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a large, deep, lidded, non-stick frying pan place korma paste and set over a medium heat. Add coconut milk and stir until mixture simmers. Add pumpkin, cover pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2 Add beans, mushrooms and stock to pan. Stir, cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3 Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, place cauliflower and cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Heat brown rice following packet instructions. Add heated rice to cauliflower and combine. Cover.
4 Add spinach leaves to curry and cook, until wilted. Garnish with cashews and coriander. Serve with cauliflower and brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.