Chickpea, pumpkin and cashew korma curry
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup korma paste
- ½ x 400ml can light coconut milk
- 4 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen beans, thawed
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 450g pack cauliflower pearls
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 In a large, deep, lidded, non-stick frying pan place korma paste and set over a medium heat. Add coconut milk and stir until mixture simmers. Add pumpkin, cover pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2 Add beans, mushrooms and stock to pan. Stir, cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3 Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, place cauliflower and cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Heat brown rice following packet instructions. Add heated rice to cauliflower and combine. Cover.
4 Add spinach leaves to curry and cook, until wilted. Garnish with cashews and coriander. Serve with cauliflower and brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.