Coconut peanut chicken curry
- 1 ¼ cups black rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos seasoning
- ½ teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- cooking spray oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast, sliced in chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
- In a large saucepan combine rinsed rice and water. Set over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl combine curry paste, peanut butter, coconut aminos and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Watch how this recipe is made
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.