Coconut peanut chicken curry
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt, no-added-sugar peanut butter
- 400g skinless chicken thighs, sliced in chunks
- ½ x 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-steamed brown rice, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Combine red curry paste and peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
2 Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
3 Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach leaves and peas and cook another minute.
4 Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Leftover coconut milk can be frozen.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us