Chilli beef and bean burritos
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 350g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, no added salt
- 400g can four bean mix, drained
- 200g can chopped tomatoes, no added salt
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded lettuce, grated carrot and low-fat sour cream, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
3 Spoon beef mixture atop tortillas. Garnish with lettuce, carrot and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.