Rebecca’s spicy beef
(at time of publication)
- 900g blade steak
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, cut in quarters lengthways
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Trim excess fat from steak and chop in chunks. Toss meat in flour, salt and pepper, and ginger.
2 Fry in a non-stick pan until meat is evenly browned. Use a little oil spray if necessary.
3 Place in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cook for 7-8 hours on a low setting, or 4 hours on high. Adjust seasoning. Serve with kumara mash and green beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.