Chilli prawn pizza
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 5 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 (165g) thin pizza base (we used Bazaar)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped and deseeded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 12 to 14 prawns, shelled and deveined (200g)
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean seasoning paste (we used Gourmet Garden)
- 2 tablespoons oil free sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can tuna in water, drained
- 1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese shavings
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pizza base on a lightly greased baking tray, stone or pizza pan. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add garlic, onion and chillies. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes until they change colour.
2 Spread base with paste and top with prawns, sundried tomatoes, courgettes and tuna.
3 Top with parmesan, spray with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes until base is crisp and topping hot. Season with pepper or chilli flakes. Serve with spinach leaves and Warm potato and carrot salad (see tip).
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free base and check Mediterranean spice paste is gluten free.
As this recipe uses a very thin pizza base, make sure you put the pizza on its cooking tray before adding the topping.
Warm potato and carrot salad
Cost per serve $3.10
Time to make 25 minutes
400g small potatoes, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
200g Brussels sprouts, frozen or fresh
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3 spring onions, sliced
1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
3 tablespoons balsamic dressing — made with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
Step 1 Place potatoes and carrots in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and simmer for 12-14 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Step 2 Drain veg and place in a serving bowl. Add spinach leaves, onions, seasoning and dressing. Toss lightly to coat.
Step 3 Sprinkle with almonds and serve with pizza.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
- High fibre, dairy free, vegetarian
- Energy 710kJ/169cal, protein 6g, total fat 7g, sat fat 1g, carbs 20g, sugars 5g, fibre 6g, sodium 270mg, calcium 100mg, iron 2mg
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us