Yellow chickpea curry
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 yellow or red capsicums, diced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 ½ cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve (optional)
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion, carrot and capsicum, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in curry powder, then add stock, chickpeas and lentils with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15—20 minutes, or until lentils are cooked and curry has thickened.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry over rice with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander, if desired.
For extra heat and flavour, add 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chilli flakes.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information