Chocolate, date and fig truffles
- 150g dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hot water
- 150g dried figs, stems discarded, quartered
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon extra, for rolling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Soak dates in water for 30 minutes. Reserve water.
- In a food processor, blend or process dates, figs, pumpkin seeds, pecans, almond meal, cocoa and vanilla until almost smooth and combined. If mixture is too dry, add a little of the date water and blend further.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into 30 balls, then roll in extra cocoa. Store truffles in the fridge in an airtight container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
You can omit the extra cocoa for rolling if you prefer, or try rolling truffles in desiccated coconut.
Make it gluten free: Check cocoa powder is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us