(at time of publication)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 6 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- cooking spray oil
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- low-fat vanilla custard to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt spread in a large non-stick pan over low heat. Add the apples, sugar, juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until apples soften slightly. Spoon mixture into a 6-cup capacity pie dish and set aside to cool slightly.
2 Stack pastry sheets, spraying lightly between each with cooking oil. Put the pastry on top of the apples to cover, and fold over edges.
3 Brush with a little water and sprinkle with castor sugar and almonds. Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Serve warm with low-fat custard if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 2.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.