Chocolate layer cake
(at time of publication)
- 225g pre-made plain sponge cake
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 200g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup icingfrostingX sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
1 Slice sponge cake into 3 horizontal slabs. In a bowl dissolve cocoa in boiling water. Add icing sugar, ricotta and yoghurt. Beat well.
2 Place bottom layer of sponge cake on a serving plate. Spread with half the ricotta mixture. Top with a sponge layer then spread over the remaining ricotta. Top with the remaining sponge.
3 To make icing, combine cocoa and icing sugar in a small bowl. While stirring, gradually add water. Pour icing over top of cake and smooth with a spatula. If preferred, serve with berries and an extra dollop of low-fat yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.