Herb-crumbed chicken with baked potato chips
- 2 medium kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed and cut into thick chips
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup polenta
- zest 1 lemon and juice ½, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 x 100g skinless chicken breast fillets, flattened
- spray oil
- 6 ½ cups mixed shredded vegetables, such as cabbage, carrot, courgette, capsicum, mangetout
- 2 shredded baby gem lettuce
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
1 Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Arrange the sweet potatoes and potatoes in one of the trays in a single layer and drizzle with the oil. Bake, turning twice, for 40 min or until the chips are crisp and golden.
2 Meanwhile, combine the polenta, lemon zest, chives and parsley in a large bowl. Put the egg in another bowl. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg, then into the polenta mixture to coat evenly. Arrange them in the second prepared tray in a single layer and spray with oil. Bake for 15 min or until golden and cooked through.
3 Put the shredded vegetables and lettuce in a salad bowl. Mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice in a separate small bowl to make a dressing and season with ground black pepper. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat everything well.
4 Serve the chicken with the chips and salad, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.6g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 8.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.