Corn and crab cakes
- 2 large (550g total) potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 x 170g cans crab meat, drained
- 100g prawns, cooked and roughly chopped
- 150g corn sweetcornXkernels (or 4 cobs fresh corn)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- spray oil
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place the potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash until smooth. Season with pepper.
2 Preheat the grill and line with foil. Place the mashed potato, crab meat, prawns, corn, spring onions, chives and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
3 Using damp hands, shape into 8 x 2cm thick patties. Coat with flour.
4 Spray the foil on the grill and the patties with oil spray. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
5 Serve with a mixed salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 503.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
One comment on Corn and crab cakes
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Yum! Added a bit of sweet chilli sauce for dipping.