Corn and crab cakes
(at time of publication)
- 2 large (550g total) potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 x 170g cans crab meat, drained
- 100g prawns, cooked and roughly chopped
- 150g corn sweetcornXkernels (or 4 cobs fresh corn)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- spray oil
1 Place the potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash until smooth. Season with pepper.
2 Preheat the grill and line with foil. Place the mashed potato, crab meat, prawns, corn, spring onions, chives and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
3 Using damp hands, shape into 8 x 2cm thick patties. Coat with flour.
4 Spray the foil on the grill and the patties with oil spray. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
5 Serve with a mixed salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 503.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information