Raw vege side salad with avocado and seedsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, peeled in ribbons (stop when reach seeds)
- 2 medium-sized beetrootbeetsX, peeled, roughly grated
- 200g baby spinach or
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 small firm ripe avocado, peeled, stonepitXd, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 ½ tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
1 Place carrot and courgette ribbons, beetroot, spinach and avocado in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together vinegar and oil, drizzle mixture over salad and toss lightly to combine.
2 Divide salad among serving plates, sprinkle with toasted seeds and serve.
To increase the protein in this salad, add a can of tuna, a grilled chicken breast or sliced marinated tofu.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information