Raw vege side salad with avocado and seeds
(at time of publication)
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, peeled in ribbons (stop when reach seeds)
- 2 medium-sized beetrootbeetsX, peeled, roughly grated
- 200g baby spinach or
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 small firm ripe avocado, peeled, stonepitXd, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 ½ tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
1 Place carrot and courgette ribbons, beetroot, spinach and avocado in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together vinegar and oil, drizzle mixture over salad and toss lightly to combine.
2 Divide salad among serving plates, sprinkle with toasted seeds and serve.
To increase the protein in this salad, add a can of tuna, a grilled chicken breast or sliced marinated tofu.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us