Corn, salmon and chilli quesadilla
(at time of publication)
- 210g can pink salmon in brine
- 125g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained (or kernels from 2 cobs fresh corn)
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- cooking spray oil
1 Preheat a sandwich press or flat frying pan.
2 Place salmon, corn, cottage cheese, onion and chilli in a bowl. Season with pepper and stir to combine. Spread some of the salmon mixture over one tortilla, leaving a 1/2cm border. Top with cheddar cheese and another tortilla. Spray lightly with oil.
3 Place in sandwich press and cook 4-5 minutes or until golden and hot (or in a pan, cook on one side for 2 minutes, then turn with a spatula and repeat on the other side). Transfer to a plate with a non-stick spatula. Repeat with remaining salmon mixture and tortillas. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.6g
–Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 3.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.